Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Poem from Palestinian

Salam. Recently my friend from Hebron university just text me some beautiful poem from Palestinian. Story about freedom. Yes, all of us needs freedom. It is very beautiful. Dont have much things to talk bout it, so just feel it!

I don't write poems but poems do write
I want the silence to live but what i face force me to speak

and I don't find anything but sadness upon sadness
should I write that i'm alive on my shroud
should I write that I'm free when every litter reminds me of slavery
they once buried charming they call it in our country vandalism and terrorism

but it is in fact the freedom
by :Ahmeh Matar



Here, where the hills slope before the sunset and the chasm of time

near gardens whose shades have been cast aside

we do what prisoners do

we do what the jobless do

we sow hope

***

In a land where the dawn sears

we have become more doltish

and we stare at the moments of victory

there is no starry night in our nights of explosions

our enemies stay up late, they switch on the lights

in the intense darkness of this tunnel

***

Here after the poems of Job, we wait no more

***

This siege will persist until we teach our enemies

models of our finest poetry


by : Mohmoud Darwesh


I hope all of u guys really like it. Salam. Peace for Malaysia and Palestine.

1 comment: